Tuesday, 28 February 2012

LUSH Porridge Soap Review

Hi!!

Anyone who knows the first thing about me will know that I am obsessed with Lush products. I literally cannot go into a Lush and not buy anything. That is just mission impossible.
I was on a school trip a few weeks back and had to go past a Lush... Without going in! Oh, da pain.
Haha but really, let's get on with the review!

So back in January I was in England for a week, and visited a couple of different Lush stores, and picked up three soaps. I didn't buy anything else as I was travelling by plane and it was just kinda complicated with the whole liquids thing and having to keep certain products in the fridge, but I still got myself a few goodies, thank goodness! I've already posted a review on the Snow Globe Soap that you can read here.

Anyway, enough of my rambling and on to the review! I purchased a 100g bar of the Porridge Soap, which is available in Lush's permanent line.
I haven't used the whole thing up yet, I only use small chunks at a time because I like to switch up my products often and try all different scents, so I just cut off little chunks.

At first, I was worried that it would just all melt away really quickly, because it felt very melty in my hands and just touching it I could tell it would be really moisturising.
If you've never seen it before, it's a beige (porridge coloured, to be exact) soap with porridge oats in it. The big slabs of it they have in store also have a picture of Goldilocks & the Three Bears embossed on the top, which I think is an adorable little detail.

It smells like a mix of porridge, molasses and a hint of chocolate, but not that damn awful fake chocolate smell you often get, like the real stuff, and I also detect some vanilla in there, which is lovely because vanilla is my favourite scent in the whole world.

I didn't use my Soap & Glory ScrubGloves with this soap because I didn't feel the need to, as the porridge oats make it naturally exfoliating.
I just used it on it's own and it lathered up nicely. Some of it did melt away slightly from the porridge oats, and I think perhaps there should be slightly less oats in it, although I did love that they exfoliated my skin really nicely without drying it out or being too harsh.
The soap part, excluding the oats, was really nice and moisturising, felt almost milky on my skin, which was lovely.
It also did a really good job of getting me nice and clean! I liked that it was abrasive enough to not need a loofah, without being too hard.
When I got out of the shower and towel dried my body, then scent was still there, although only faintly. I followed up with my Vanilla Spice Body Butter from The Body Shop, and the two scents went really nicely together. I could probably go without body butter because this was so nice and moisturising, sort of like having a milk bath, Cleopatra-style, only with less effort, but I always love the sheen and feel body butters give to my skin, so I use one most of the time.

Overall, I did really like it and I recommend checking it out, I think it would work for all skin types, because it wasn't harsh or drying at all.

Scent: ♥♥♥♥♥*
Texture: ♥♥♥*
Bath Effects: ♥* - This is a shower product, so it doesn't change the color of your water or anything, obviously. But it lathers nicely!
Price: ♥♥♥* - It's £2.95/100g, which I guess is a tad expensive for soap, but with Lush, I definitely think it's worth it. And solid soaps tend to last a while too!


Total: 16/20


Ratings go from one heart ♥ (bad) to 5 hearts ♥♥♥♥♥ (excellent) to form a rating out of 20.




If you want to see the soap I actually bought and here me talk about it with my first impressions, I hauled it!


<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/okoWBPYVmzs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


(I start talking about it around 8 minutes in)


Also, I just made an account on Lush's website, feel free to follow me on there!


https://www.lush.co.uk/profile/ref/2ad1a5749c099fd1dd37f7ef2245892a

Thanks for reading my review, let me know your thoughts on this soap if you've tried it :)
Love you! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment